Friday List of Awesomeness!
- It’s been beautiful outside this week- I haven’t needed to wear a jacket once! Now I just need the Lifetime pool to open so I can start working on my tan.
- I’m getting my hair dyed tomorrow!! I’m not doing it myself because it’s a color I wouldn’t be able to achieve on my own… I may or may not be going much, much lighter. I’m nervous but so excited!!! I’ll definitely post a pic afterwards, assuming I like it :)
- I went to New York & Co on my lunch break yesterday and bought myself 2 dresses for work, a nice top, a white purse for summer, and heels. I would wear a dress to work every day during the summer if I had enough of them to do that.
- I’m going with Craig and the fam to Brookfield Zoo on Sunday. It’s always a good time looking at animals and doing some zoo store shopping.
- Marina and the Diamonds concert on Monday with Kelsey!
- Did I mention that I’m excited about my hair appointment tomorrow…?
- I’m going to start a t-shirt design today that I’m really excited about!! I saw this one at Victoria’s Secret and when I went back a couple days later it was gone. I haven’t been able to find it anywhere, so I’m going to design a similar one for myself :)
Happy Friday, everyone!
Notice I didn’t mention anything about how my weight loss is going… because it’s NOT awesome, despite my healthy eating and working out.
Just had an awesome lunchtime workout! Awesome because I actually got myself to do a decent workout during my hour lunch. Sweet!
1st Circuit (repeat 3 times):
Chest Press- 45 lbs, 10 reps
Tricep Pressdown- 40 lbs, 12 reps
10 (modified) push-ups
2nd Circuit (repeat 3 times):
Lat Pulldown Machine- 55 lbs, 10 reps
Shoulder Press with 10 lb. dumbbells- 10 reps
Lateral Raises with 10 lb. dumbbells- 10 reps
Bicep curl with 20 lb. bar- 10 reps
5 minutes on the AMT
I definitely broke a sweat and I’m feeling pretty good about it. Now if I can just convince myself to stay away from the Panera bagels I spotted in the lunch room…
5.15.13 (at Life Time Fitness)
Food truck bonanza!! We went to a food truck rally in Oak Park and had jerk chicken, tacos, and a rum mocha (unfortunately non-alcoholic). And since we hadn’t eaten enough… we drove to Arlington Heights and stopped by a food truck 5k for a lobster roll and mac & cheese. YUM!! We split everything, but obviously I’m being a fatty today :/ (at Arlington Heights Food Truck 5k)
My sports bra-less workout consisted of a lifting circuit (yea, only one… I was lazy) and 45 minutes on the bike. For the lifting circuit I did 3 sets of lat pull down (60 lbs. x 10 reps), shoulder press (10 lbs. for 12 reps- SLOW), lateral raises (10 lbs. x 10 reps), and bicep curls (25 lbs. x 10 reps). My arms hurt. (at Life Time Fitness)
I planned ahead (or so I thought)…
I looked up the Lifetime schedule, and I changed into my workout clothes at work so I could just barely make it on time to Lifetime’s cardio kickboxing class. However, I forgot a sports bra. And I am very, very pissed.
My Friday List of Awesome!
- I love my water bottle. It’s not new or anything, but I love it. Me + Camelbaks 4eva.
- Craig and I are going to a FOOD TRUCK RALLY tomorrow!! Yea, it would be a lot more fun if I could eat whatever I want, but I’m going to try to stick with healthier menu options and still have a good time. Anyone in the Chicagoland area going?
- Speaking of which, I’ve been ordering a lot more salads at restaurants (minus fattening ingredients) and loving them. I might actually be turning into a salad lover!
- I’m loving my new job. Have I mentioned that already? I’m meeting reps for huge paper companies (Mohawk, Neenah, Sappi, to name a few) and they’ve mentioned me helping them out with some design stuff. Which I’m sure means nothing to you guys… but it’s a big deal :D
- And I’m happy I get to start being creative again… I’ve missed it so much.
- I had another delicious lunch at my mom’s today! Salad with chicken, strawberries, cranberries, blue cheese, and toasted almonds. Om nom nom nom.
- I’m down 3.4 lbs. from a couple weeks ago. I wanted to be doing better than that… but it’s something. 26.6 lbs. to go!
Happy Friday, everyone!
Weight Loss Woes
I’ve been doing pretty good as far as eating healthy, staying within my calorie range, and working out almost every day… SO WHY AM I NOT LOSING WEIGHT?!? And I know it’s not just because I’m “gaining muscle” (although I’m sure I am) because I have enough weight to lose that I should be losing it a little quicker considering how well I’ve been doing. *sigh*
But I’ll keep at it… less processed foods, lots of fruits and veggies, 1,600 calories/day, minimal alcohol, and a good balance of lifting and cardio. Slow and steady wins the race, right?
I forgot to write a post for my 3rd Tumblrversary yesterday!!!
Even though I wrote it in my planner… guess I’ll have to get on that.
On a short note, it been a great 3 years :)