Challenge: Find Your 30
I was asked to write a little bit about how to make time to workout 30 minutes every day- and what better time than now when I’m working overtime and wondering how the heck I’m going to squeeze in a workout on top of everything else? I’m just now coming to realize how important working out is to maintain my sanity and sleep schedule during a hectic week. The 50 hour work week isn’t what’s killing me; it’s the lack of working out that’s making me so tired and restless.
So this is my new challenge to myself. I will strive to do at least 30 minutes of exercise every single day. Here are some tips for myself (and you!) on how to do that:
- Workout at home. No need to go to the gym every day- you can get an awesome workout from home! Cross-fit style workouts get you in fantastic shape and you can do them from almost anywhere. This website has fantastic workouts that don’t require any equipment; you can follow one of the pre-made workouts or create your own!
- Start being a morning person. Now that I’ve been going into work an hour early every day, I’m realizing that getting up early isn’t the worst thing on earth. Now, as most of you know, I am totally not a morning person. But getting up 40 minutes early to go for a run before work? Now that’s doable. I know I always feel better after working out, but it’s getting myself out the door that’s the problem. I’m definitely a creature of habit, so sometimes I just gotta suck it up and start doing it.
- Lunchtime workouts. This is probably my favorite way of getting in a 30-40 minute workout even when I’m incredibly busy. Whether I run or just go for a walk on the nearby running path, doing some kind of physical activity at lunch always feels fantastic. I come back to work feeling more awake and better able to concentrate on my work. I personally like running to Subway to grab lunch and back :)
- Run or bike instead of driving. Obviously this doesn’t work all the time unless you live decently close to work or school, but for short trips to the grocery store it’s a great way to stay active even when you’re busy. I’ll use a drawstring bag and run if I don’t have much to carry, otherwise biking is easier if you need a way to carry more things.
- Help yourself succeed. Do whatever you need to do to make yourself stick to your goal of working out for 30 minutes every day. Get someone to workout with you. Write it on your calendar. Find classes at the gym to help yourself get into a routine. Reward yourself for working out 7 days in a row. Whatever help you stay motivated and stick with your goal- do it!
25 Notes/ Hide
- black-summer-dk likes this
- lemondeckh likes this
- justasimplylife likes this
- yiyi-renee reblogged this from kristysfoodandfitness
- yiyi-renee likes this
- makingnewmemories3 likes this
- whoislani likes this
- omgnevermind likes this
- tribesports likes this
- jilliansctt likes this
- doctor-who0o reblogged this from kristysfoodandfitness
- doctor-who0o likes this
- lostweightgainedlove likes this
- thefittestbitches likes this
- rasmtazberry24 likes this
- mylifewithnoregrets likes this
- jbizzle329 likes this
- marinemindset likes this
- alltheplacesidreamof likes this
- runheatherrun likes this
- theinspiredphysio reblogged this from kristysfoodandfitness
- craigfinallycavedin likes this
- beetsandgreens likes this
- rindyrunsforherlife likes this
- chrystidoeslife likes this
- kristysfoodandfitness posted this